2013-14 INDUSTRY LEADER 2013-14 INDUSTRY LEADER 2013-14 INDUSTRY LEADER 2013-14 INDUSTRY LEADER 2013-14 INDUSTRY LEADER 2013-14 INDUSTRY LEADER 2013-14 INDUSTRY LEADER 2013-14 INDUSTRY LEADER 2013-14 INDUSTRY LEADER
'THIS WEEK' December 9th @ ASA-Houston Chapter:
1. BUILD IT BIGGER – WELCOME ASA'S NEWEST MEMBER (Information provided by ASA-HC Membership committee) ASA is pleased to welcome Houston’s newest ASA member: - Anderson Insurance
2. ‘TOP FIVE’ ANNOUNCED FOR 2013 EXCELLENCE IN CONSTRUCTION (EIC) AWARDS Ballots have been cast and the 2013 ‘Top Five’ nominees in each of the eight EIC categories have been decided. Each nominee will be notified this week by letter and invited to attend the Friday, Jan. 31, 2014 event where the winner in each category will be announced.
3. EXCELLENCE IN CONSTRUCTION (EIC): PROJECTS WORKED ON BY MEMBERS, SPONSORSHIP & $2,000 SCHOLARSHIP ASA-HC members who worked on the TOP FIVE Excellence in Construction (EIC) projects will be listed in the printed program distributed the night of the event, Friday, Jan. 31, 2014. Members are asked to submit the list of projects their company worked on no later than Friday, December 20, 2013 to be included in the printed program. - Sponsorships Available: Don’t miss the opportunity to get your company name in front of more than 250 individuals from the A/E/C industry who will gather for the to recognize the ‘Top Five’ nominees and winners in eight categories. Several sponsorship levels are available. -$2,000 Scholarship applications are due by Jan. 10, 2014.
4. ASA-HC MEMBER SPOTLIGHT: BOWEN, MICLETTE & BRITT For over 30 years, Bowen, Miclette & Britt has brought its customers a commitment to excellence, innovation and service in the complex world of insurance and risk management. As one of the largest independent insurance agencies in the country, BMB’s client base has gravitated over the years towards several industry niches, specifically Construction, Energy, Marine and Manufacturing. With clients ranging from corporate giants to small family–owned business, BMB clients have tapped into an extensive range of insurance and risk management services including that of our risk management division, BMBRisk, providing Claims, Legal and Loss Control services to clients.
5. WHAT HAS ASA DONE FOR YOU LATELY? ASA’s SUBExcel 2014 Features FMI Education Workshops Worth Thousands of Dollars Subcontractors, general contractors, architects and engineers, and many other construction professionals pay up to $6,450 to participate in education seminars and events offered by FMI, a leading provider of management consulting and investment banking to the construction and engineering industry. ASA members and nonmembers who attend ASA’s annual convention, SUBExcel 2014, this coming March 6-8 in New Orleans, La., will save thousands of dollars, yet be able to participate in six education modules presented by FMI! An ASA member, for example, registering by the Feb. 11, 2014, early-bird deadline and staying at the convention hotel, the New Orleans Marriott, would pay a registration fee of only $895!
Gregg Schoppman, a principal specializing in the areas of productivity and project management, will present the FMI education modules on March 6 and 7:
“The New Normal in Construction” — This economic forecast will focus on trends and applying them to your business.
“Innovation — Construction 2.0” — This discussion on the application of innovation for trade contractors will focus on defining “best in class” practices and making innovation part of your firm’s strategic plan.
“Creating Operational Excellence” — This discussion about creating operational tools for labor-intensive contractors will focus on identifying the barriers to productivity within the organization.
“Developing World Class Talent” — This discussion on the “softer side of construction” will focus on defining and growing internal leaders at all levels.
“Customers-centric Construction” — This discussion will examine the role of business development in your firm and focus on moving from “project based selling” to “relationship based selling.”
“Going From the Knowing to the Doing” — This “end-is-near” discussion will focus on creating a world-class strategic plan and more importantly, the follow-through!